REDWOOD CITY, Calif.–Box, Inc. (NYSE:BOX) a leading enterprise content management platform, today announced significant momentum in the life sciences industry, making research and collaboration with partners and vendors easier than ever before. Box announced several new deals with top Japanese life sciences customers including Daichi Sankyo and Shionogi, as well as new Independent Software Vendors (ISVs) and systems integrators (SIs) such as CHITA, Prolifiq, USDM, and CTCLS.
“Our investment in the life sciences industry started over three years ago when we launched our industries initiative. We believe Box can make research and collaboration with partners and vendors easier than ever before for today’s life sciences leaders,” said Riju Khetarpal, Managing Director, Box for Life Sciences. “Today we are driving digital transformation at over 650 life sciences organizations, including 12 of the top 15 global pharmaceutical companies.”
Since announcing Box for Life Sciences in August of 2014, Box has seen continued momentum in the life sciences industry, including recent global expansion in the Japanese market with new customers including: Daichi Sankyo, and Shionogi.
These new customers join hundreds of other global pharmaceutical brands — such as GlaxoSmithKline, AstraZeneca, Eli Lily, Boston Scientific, Edwards Life Sciences and Jazz Pharmaceuticals — in using Box to manage and secure critical information in the cloud. These respected brands chose Box to collaborate on content within their organizations as well as with highly regulated external third parties. Internally, these companies use Box to coordinate marketing, training and product launch materials that are shared with distributed sales teams in real time and on any device. Additionally, they use Box to share information with external trusted parties such as CROs, key opinion leaders (KOL) and healthcare professionals (HCPs).
Expanded Life Sciences Partner Ecosystem
Box is proud to announce the expansion of its partner ecosystem with new solution providers and SIs that will leverage Box Platform to develop customized cloud-centric applications exclusively for the life sciences industry. These new solutions will support more efficient business functions such as access to sensitive and regulated clinical information via highly secure portals and sales enablement tools.
These new ISV solutions and SIs help solve some of the largest issues facing the life sciences industry as they adopt the cloud:
- The ability to leverage Box for both regulated and unregulated content management: CHITA is introducing a breakthrough content management and collaboration platform that is fully integrated with Box platform that will allow users to create, store, view, collaborate on and edit both regulated and non-regulated content in a single application. CHITA is 21CFR, Part 11 and Part 820-compliant and provides the ideal environment for workflow management. It also features pre-configured Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and Read & Acknowledge training record management. This new solution addresses the significant hurdles inherent in compliance validation and assurance.
- Sales enablement for MedTech: Prolifiq provides content management and sales enablement tools built on the secure Box platform for the Life Sciences industry to implement and enforce Good Promotional Practices (GPP) throughout the entire commercial content life cycle.
- Migration from on premise systems to cloud solutions: USDM Life Sciences, a leading SI in the life sciences industry with over 300 leading global pharmaceutical customers, will help Box customers and ISVs develop cutting edge solutions for the life sciences industry on top of Box Platform.
- Global life sciences consulting: CTC Life Science Corporation(CTCLS), a division of the greater ITOCHU Techno-Solutions Corporation in Japan and a leading service provider for life sciences in Japan, will apply their domain expertise to providing content migration services, setting up external collaboration sites and workflow driven applications with Box Platform and deploying Governance for eDiscovery purposes in the Japanese market.
Box for Life Sciences enables organizations across the globe to safeguard their most sensitive content, while securely collaborating between teams and partners, by providing the following capabilities and services:
- Box Zones: Addresses in-region data residency requirements across the globe.
- Box Governance: Enables customers to comply with regulatory policies, satisfy e-discovery requests and effectively manage sensitive information.
- Box Platform: Allows organizations to leverage the underlying technology that powers Box in their own custom applications to deliver more powerful digital experiences to their constituents.
- Additional Compliance: Box supports HIPAA compliance and signs HIPAA Business Associate Agreements with its customers and partners.
For more information on today’s announcement, please visit the Box blog.