At BoxWorks 2016, Box delivers new ways to interact with content, collaborate across teams and simplify workflows
SAN FRANCISCO–Today at BoxWorks 2016, Box (NYSE:BOX), a leading enterprise content platform, announced an all new Box to power the future of work. The all new Box includes an enhanced files experience that makes it easier than ever to find and collaborate on content; a new Box Notes for real-time collaboration with teams; and Box Relay, first announced yesterday with IBM, for simplifying routine workflows. With the all new Box, enterprises can centralize their critical business content in a single platform, eliminating costly, hard to use legacy systems and limited file sync and share point-solutions.
“Business today demands enterprises be more connected, collaborative and faster moving than ever before,” said Aaron Levie, co-founder and CEO of Box. “The all new Box is where all your work comes together – whether you’re sharing information with partners, collaborating with teammates in real-time, or automating processes and routine tasks. With the all new Box, it’s easy to focus on doing your best work.”
More than 66,000 businesses today rely on Box for secure content management in the cloud. Businesses across the globe, such as AstraZeneca, General Electric, P&G and Schneider Electric, will benefit from the new features and functionality available in the all new Box.
The all new Box delivers a world-class experience for managing and collaborating on files, with new features such as:
- A better, faster way to uncover content. The all new Box delivers 30% faster page load times and five times faster upload speeds. With a cleaner layout and simpler navigation, relevant content in Box is always quickly accessible. Users can customize the Box homepage so relevant content is always available right upon login and robust new search capabilities enable people to search for content without keywords so it’s easier than ever to find the right information.
- Robust viewing experiences. Box now supports 3D objects, 360º images and videos, and HD videos, making Box the best place to share, view and manage content, including new immersive media. With Box, people have instant viewing access to file types that typically require time-consuming uploading and downloading to experience.
- Annotations for fast, in-line feedback. In an upcoming release, new Box annotations will enable users to highlight text and add notes directly in-line on any content viewed in Box. Rather than opening files in their native applications – such as Microsoft Office or Adobe – to add comments and save changes, annotations can be done in the Box viewing experience and will update automatically in Box.
The all new Box Notes takes team collaboration to the next level:
- Access all your notes from one location. Users can easily create new notes, access recently edited or ‘favorite’ notes and pull up notes that have been shared between users and teams all from a new sidebar that is accessible when any Box Note is open. This eliminates the need to leave Box Notes to search folders for a specific note because they’re all in one place.
- Open Box Notes directly from the desktop. The new Box Notes experience provides instant access to all your notes. Live, concurrent editing lets every collaborator see the same note and make revisions in real-time. In an upcoming release, users will be able to create and edit notes, and add comments while working offline. As soon as the user reconnects, all edits sync to Box so each user has access to the latest version.
The all new Box Relay, co-developed with IBM, makes workflow simple:
- An easy way to automate everyday processes. Box Relay increases productivity by automating repeatable work, without any support required from IT. The solution allows any employee in a business to easily build, track and manage custom or pre-built workflows.
- Seamless workflows for internal and external collaboration. Because it’s built on Box, Box Relay allows workflows to extend securely between both internal and external teams. Customers, vendors or partners can be assigned tasks, so the process does not break down when content flows across or between organizations.
- Full transparency into workflow progress. With a dashboard providing real-time visibility, notifications alert users when items are assigned and overdue and an audit trail provides transparency on every action taken in every workflow, so users no longer have to worry about missed deadlines, updating people on the status or reporting and tracking.
- All of the benefits of Box. Content in Box Relay workflows can be edited and automatically saved with any existing Box integration, including Office 365, Adobe and Salesforce. Content is protected with Box features such as granular permissions, password protected content and access stats, and can benefit from packages from Box including Box KeySafe, Box Zones and Box Governance.
Pricing and Availability
- The all new Box web experience is generally available to all users today for no additional fee by ‘opting in.’
- The all new Box Notes web experience will be generally available to all users this fall, and the all new Box Notes desktop application will be available to all users this winter. Both are available for no additional fee.
- Box Relay is scheduled to be released in beta during Q4, with general availability the first half of next year. Box Relay will be available to Box business users for an additional fee.
Founded in 2005, Box (NYSE:BOX) is transforming the way people and organizations work so they can achieve their greatest ambitions. As a leading enterprise content platform, Box helps more than 66,000 businesses, including General Electric, KKR & Co., P&G and The GAP securely access and manage their critical information in the cloud. Box is headquartered in Redwood City, CA, with offices across the United States, Europe and Asia. To learn more about Box, visit www.box.com.