A fan made sequel to Valve’s Half Life series has been approved by Valve. Some think it might be added for Valve to see how much interest is still in the series. Others believe it’s just a cheap alternative for Half Life 3. But nobody can tell what the real thought of Valve was when they added it to Steam. But many will be happy that there finally is coming a sequel.
The game is called Prospekt and is available for pre-order on Steam. The game itself will come out on Thursday 11th February.
Half-Life 2.5 confirmed
What is in this fan made sequel:
“Prospekt begins in the Nova Prospekt prison in the Half-Life universe. Gordon Freeman is slowly being overrun by soldiers in the prison, however unknown to him his Vortigaunt allies manage to find some help from a forgotten hero.
- Substantial, highly-polished and totally new addition to the Half-Life 2 universe, comparable to Half-Life 2: Episode One in length
- Developed by one person, 25 year old Richard Seabrook
- Official Valve approval for Half-Life 2 license and assets
- Standalone PC game built using the Source engine – no requirement for Half-Life 2
- Continues the story of Opposing Force, Gearbox Software’s (Borderlands) update that tells the original Half-Life 2 story from the perspective of the Marines. Gordon
- Freeman is cornered and being overrun by soldiers in the Nova Prospekt prison; the player controls US Marine Adrian Shepherd – the unsung hero – as he’s teleported in by Freeman’s Vortigaunt allies to help fight back.
- 13 new levels featuring fully-scripted puzzles and action sequences, all carefully integrated into the Half-Life 2 story
- Substantial graphical updates over the original game, including but not limited to:
- New Textures
- New Models
- Updated high resolution combine soldier skins with improved normal mapping
- Updated high resolution textures
- Updated lighting
- Higher resolution models
- Increased cube mapping
- Over 20 new particle effects
- Modded HUD
- Modded VGUI
- New player model skin
- Return to Xen
- New voice acting
- New music
- New AI improvements, such as soldiers attempting to undo the player’s actions
Thank you everyone for your immense support! I can’t wait to hear what you think of the finished game and work the feedback into my next project.”
Quoted from the games Steam page.
If you want to check out this game for yourself click here.