BRACKNELL — June 3, 2016 — NETGEAR®, Inc. (NASDAQ: NTGR) has released a new “unlocked” portable WiFi hotspot in Europe for mobile professionals and families on the go who want an easy way to share a single mobile broadband connection. The NETGEAR AirCard® 810 Mobile Hotspot (AC810) is the first unlocked mobile hotspot in Europe to provide ultra-fast Category 9 and 11 4G LTE Advanced speeds (up to 600 Mbps) combined with the latest 802.11ac WiFi for connecting up to 15 laptops, tablets, smartphones, digital cameras, gaming consoles and other WiFi-enabled devices.
With the AirCard 810, you’re free to choose almost any wireless service provider throughout Europe. You simply buy the data plan that best fits your lifestyle, plug in your microSIM (3FF) card, and begin using your AirCard 810. The LCD touchscreen interface lets view how much of your data plan has been used. Additionally, if you select prepaid options, you aren’t committed to a long-term service plan with a wireless service provider so you can change providers at will. (See a list of supported countries and service providers on the NETGEAR website.)
With the super-fast 4G LTE Advanced peak download speeds of the AirCard 810, you’ll enjoy swift application response times, reliable connectivity, and a better overall experience for buffering data-heavy programs such as multimedia and video files.
Key features include:
· 4G LTE Advanced and 3G speeds anywhere, up to 600Mbps download speed
· 2.4/5GHz Dual-Band 802.11 b/g/n/ac WiFi technology
· Secure connections for up to 15 WiFi devices
· Colour LCD touchscreen for monitoring data usage, battery life, network connections, enabling features and for accessing SMS messages
· Jump Boost feature for charging your smartphone and other small USB devices
· Up to 11 hours of battery life on a single charge
· Parental Controls for filtering unwanted content
· Scheduling feature for controlling when the Internet access is enabled/disabled
· Guest WiFi access
· Multi-language support
· Free phone support for 90 days from purchase date
NETGEAR offers a complimentary app for its AirCard mobile hotspots for conveniently managing the device status, connection, and settings. Download the app to iPhone®, iPad®, Kindle®, and Android™ smartphones and tablets. It’s available from the Apple® App StoreSM, Google Play™, Amazon Appstore, and the Windows® Phone Store.
Pricing and Availability
The NETGEAR AirCard 810 Mobile Hotspot (AC810) is available now in Europe through major e-commerce sites at an MSRP of 229€ and £179 (GBP).
Go to NETGEAR mobile broadband products for more information.
About NETGEAR, Inc.
NETGEAR (NASDAQ: NTGR) is a global networking company that delivers innovative products to consumers, businesses and service providers. The Company’s products are built on a variety of proven technologies such as wireless (WiFi and LTE), Ethernet and powerline, with a focus on reliability and ease-of-use. The product line consists of wired and wireless devices that enable networking, broadband access and network connectivity. These products are available in multiple configurations to address the needs of the end-users in each geographic region in which the Company’s products are sold. NETGEAR products are sold in approximately 38,000 retail locations around the globe, and through approximately 30,000 value-added resellers, as well as multiple major cable, mobile and wireline service providers around the world. The company’s headquarters are in San Jose, Calif., with additional offices in approximately 25 countries. More information is available athttp://investor.netgear.co.uk or by calling (408) 907-8000. Connect with NETGEAR a twww.twitter.com/NETGEAR_UKI and www.facebook.com/NETGEARUK.
©2016 NETGEAR, Inc. NETGEAR, the NETGEAR logo, and Arlo are trademarks and/or registered trademarks of NETGEAR, Inc. and/or its affiliates in the United States and/or other countries. Other brand and product names are for identification purposes only and may be trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective holder(s). The information contained herein is subject to change without notice. NETGEAR shall not be liable for technical or editorial errors or omissions contained herein. All rights reserved.
* Actual data throughput and wireless coverage will vary. Network conditions and environmental factors, including volume of network traffic, building materials and construction, and network overhead, lower actual data throughput rate and wireless coverage. NETGEAR makes no express or implied representations or warranties about this product’s compatibility with any future standards.