The next update for the Xbox One finally has it’s features revealed. They aren’t necessarily ground-breaking, but they bring a more social element to the Xbox One, which already focuses heavily on entertainment.
The Xbox One getting is more social next month
Major Nelson has spilled the beans about all the new things that’ll be coming in February with the new update, and they’re all focused on making it more social. The Avatar is making a comeback in a big way and Microsoft is instituting a new Avatar store to let you customize your digital self. You’ll find the main new features below.
- See who’s in a Party: See who’s in a Party before joining.
- Gamerscore Leaderboard: See where you stand relative to your friends by comparing total gamerscore.
- Re-arrange Pins on Home: Rearrange individual pins and view them offline.
- Updating Activity Feed in Xbox One: Will inform users when there are new items in their feed.
- Joinable Twitch Broadcasts: Game Hubs as well as the game tile make it easier to watch a friend’s broadcast.
- Improvements to Suggested Friends: New Friend Suggestions area in Community and the Friends list in the Guide on Xbox One.
- Hide games from ‘ready-to-install’ list: The ability to hide content such as betas, trials, games, and apps users no longer wish to install.